Canuck Engineering provides CNC hotwire cutting of custom wing cores for UAVs and RC Aircraft.
Cost: Varies with complexity of the job and raw material costs. (
- Example 60″ ODR Slope racer cores: 2 30″ Panels, EPS foam, Airfoils 6060, price: $20 + Shipping)
Typical Project Completion Time: 48hrs from Quote request.
Need a quote: Contact Canuck by email with the following information:
- Foam Type
- Typically EPS or EPP (1.9#)
- # of Wing Sets
- # of Panels per wing
- For Each Panel
- Airfoil Root
- Airfoil Tip
- Washout (Wing Twist) in Percent
- Sweep Angle measured @ LE of panel
- Spar Channels can be cut. Provide location, size, shape depth, info in quote request if needing spar channels cut.
- Max panel size that fits on the 4 axis CNC hotwire machine is 31″. Greater than 31″ panels will need to be split into smaller panels for cutting and glued together after cutting
- Root:Tip size ratio 2:1 max due to wire speed differential and curf sizes.
- Sweep angle is limited by machine geometry. Highly swept wings will require panels be cut rotated so TE is parallel to wire start position.
- +2700 Stock Airfoils are in Canuck’s Database. If sending custom airfoil files, they need to be in a standard airfoil file format. DXF would require additional CAD time to convert to an airfoil file format.
Hotwire machine runs GMFC foam cutting software. Airfoil database through Profili Pro.